Deals for solo travel to Oahu?

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 05:49 PM
nina

Deals for solo travel to Oahu?

Hi!

I want to go to Hawaii alone in November, but single occupancy rates kill the deals I've seen.

Any suggestions?

Anyone seen any good rates for LAX to Honolulu and decent hotels which do not charge a single occupancy fee?

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Nova

As far as I know ALL hotels charge by the room. The rate is the same for one or two and usually up to four people. This seems to be reasonable on the hotel's part because one person takes up a WHOLE room and creates less opportunity for the hotel to generate other revenue at its restaurant, bar, gift shop, etc.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Dianne

I'm going to Oahu, by myself, in October - I've also gone to Maui alone a couple of times. I'm staying in a Studio Penthouse oceanview unit at the Aston Pacific Monarch in Waikiki for $119 per night. This unit is the only one in the building with it's own washer & dyer, which is always good. It also has a wonderful full kitchen, so that I don't have to eat every meal in restaurants, if I don't want to. I'm not sure what kind of rate you're looking for, but I think the rate I'm getting is great!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Debby

I'm gng to Haw in Nov for a wk w/3 or 4 other gals then staying longer by myself or w/one other gal & am just getting ready to look into hostels. Started trav alone 3-4 yrs ago and love hostel staying--have stayed in NYC-Times Square area for past 3 yrs and hostel in Chi & Savannah & on Blue Ridge Parkway. Very inexpensive & feel safer than in hotel/motel. I'll get back to you after I ck in hostel in Oahu. I stay in ones w/kitchens so I can buy & make my own food----saves $ also.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Debby

Nina, just checked hiayh for hostels & they have 2 in Haw---one near the University of Hawaii & the other near Waikiki Beach for $l4 or $l7 night--that would be in a dorm. They also have private rooms. I'm a member of hiayh but I'm going to check into other private hostels also. If you're interested in knowing more, you can email me if you can't find them.