Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Deals at Trump Waikiki (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/deals-at-trump-waikiki-823846/)

SeeHag Jan 27th, 2010 09:21 PM

Deals at Trump Waikiki

I got an e-mail from Hawaiian Air offering "4 nights of accommodations plus a roundtrip flight with our award-winning service from just $756*." Travel: Now–June 15, 2010
Book: Now–February 10, 2010. I didn't plug in any dates or cities but I thought I would share. I looked at some reviews on TA and they were pretty good for a hotel that just opened. It isn't beach front but it sits right behind Fort DeRussy. Maybe I will take one for the team and check it out so I can do a trip report!

wbpiii Jan 28th, 2010 08:48 AM

I am really disappointed with HA as it relates to this advertisement. The $756 is from Seattle only and even then I could not find dates that $756 applied. Any city with one flight daily will be much higher, circa $400-$500 higher.

In my book this is as close to misleading as one can get.

I like the airline, hate this ad.

Bill

suze Jan 28th, 2010 11:37 AM

Trump Tower is a plague on the land, no way would I be interested in staying there.

wbpiii Jan 28th, 2010 01:54 PM

Aren't 99% of resorts plagues upon the land. What make Trump different?

suze Jan 28th, 2010 02:20 PM

It's uglier ;-)

suze Jan 28th, 2010 02:51 PM

Seriously, I stay at budget hotels, and like to try and find those that still have a little of the aloha spirit and "old Hawaii" hanging on. I realize the Vegas-like development going on around Lewers Street/BeachWalk in Waikiki is considered a good thing by many (most?) people. But I'm sad to see the little "funky" spots get wiped out along the way.

Staying in a modern glass high-rise is just not my idea of an island vacation. I know I may be alone in this thinking.

wbpiii Jan 28th, 2010 08:29 PM

Suze, I don't recommend you stay at the Hilton on Hawaii if you go there. It has no feeling of Hawaii.

suze Jan 29th, 2010 06:30 AM

Thanks for the tip, but no worries, I can't afford a Hilton.

The Old Moana Surfrider or Royal Hawaiian hotels would be more my idea of a splurge.

SeeHag Jan 29th, 2010 07:37 AM

The Moana is my favorite hotel anywhere! However after getting some really awful rooms in the original building we now stay in the tower.

I looked at the special and it was sent with my HA member #. I looked at some
dates in March for 6 nights and it was about $1150.

SeeHag Jan 29th, 2010 07:38 AM

I should have said from LAX

suze Jan 29th, 2010 10:19 AM

Darn. I got that email from Hawaiian Air but deleted it when I saw the hotel. Wish I'd kept it so I could see what really came up for the price from here in Seattle.

wbpiii Jan 29th, 2010 11:43 AM

I checked seattle, the cheapest I found was about $882. Depending on the dates, I got different prices. I never found a four day block for the $756 price.