Whale watching cruise from Boston?

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Kim

Whale watching cruise from Boston?

I'm planning on going to Boston in the middle of August and would like to go on a whale watching trip. Does anyone know the name of a good one to go on?

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 12:16 PM
Ann

Try the New England Acquarium's website, where they have information (and ticket sales) on whale watching:

http://www.neaq.org/visit/whalewatch.html

There are other companies which also do whale watches, but this one is supposed to be one of the best.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Emily

All of the whale watch boats from Boston up through PTown go to the same location ( Stellwagen Bank) to see the whales. From Boston, the Aquarium does a great job and there are naturalists on board who are studying the behavior of these whales and teach on each voyage. These are fun trips and while sighting a whale is not guaranteed, the boats usually cooperate with each other for spotting so that success is greatly enhanced for each voyage. Have fun!

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Carla

This trip sounds wonderful. What would be the best time to go for the likeliest chance to see whales? Thank you.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Emily

We've gone whale watching in June, July, August and October. We have always seen whales. The very best trip we ever had was at the end of October, I think it was Halloween weekend, several years ago. It was unusually warm for that time of year. The whales herd up to migrate south in the fall and we happened to go on a day when they were all travelling together. We saw so many whales that day that they could not be counted and they were extremely active. If you want to know how the sightings are going, call the boat operators and they will tell you how many whales they've been seeing. Have fun!!

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Kim

Thanks a lot!! I'm really looking forward to the trip now!