DC battlefields- Dan W.- help!!

Jul 4th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Deb

DC battlefields- Dan W.- help!!

Hi, Dan, I asked about battlefields a few days ago. You had a terrific response for me. I tried the www.civilnews.com site that you gave and it was some company???!! Any clue? By the way, I checked out your website- very good! Do you know if Manassas does re-enactments every day? Thanks, Deb

Jul 5th, 2001, 07:26 AM
dan woodlief

Deb,

Civil War News is a magazine and has a calendar of Civil War-related events on its Web site. Click on calendar, choose the month you want and click on list. Then click on 140th Reenactment (near the top of the list), and you will get a contact name and Web site. I checked out the Web site, and it has a lot of information about the event. Leesburg is actually about 25-30 miles north of Manassas. According to the site, it looks like they have actual battle reenactments on Aug. 4 and 5, but there are other demonstrations on the 3rd. There is likely some sort of large encampment you can walk around too. For good information on this and other battlefields, including maps, check out the National Park Service site at www.nps.gov. I have had great success getting information from the NPS by calling or e-mailing.

Search this Thread