Days Inn Gold Coast or Lincoln Park

Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Days Inn Gold Coast or Lincoln Park

A group of 8 of us are going to Chicago in May. Has anyone stayed at either one of these hotels? Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:07 PM
bonniebroad

No, but I stayed in a Days Inn once (BAD!), and constantly hear bad reviews from others when they stay in them. I'm afraid of them myself. Believe you can do much better for the same money, or just a bit more, at a Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc.

Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Dan

While I think there are probably decent Days Inns out there, my perception is similar to Bonnie's in that I think most are pretty awful. It seems when some hotels don't want to renovate, they simply reflag themselves as a Days property!
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Time Out rates both of these Days Inn's quite highly as budget options in downtown Chicago. FWIW, according the them the DI Lincoln Park is the highest rated DI in Illinois. I've not stayed in either but I did see the lobby of the Lincoln Park once (looking for a restroom...) and it was nicer than I'd expect for a Days Inn. Not the Drake mind you but not the dregs either.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 05:13 PM

You might try Trip Advisor and see if you can find any reviews out there. I've stayed in good Days Inns and bad ones, I think they are all independently owned and therefore not all of the same quality.

Just wanted to mention that the locations in Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast are not near the major sights in Chicago-museums, aquarium, Michigan Ave. shopping. The Gold Coast location is at least a mile from the major attractions and the Lincoln Park location is 2-3 miles away.

That's not to say that they are in a bad location, they are both close to the Lincoln Park zoo/conservatory, Chicago Historical Society and Nature Museum, closer to Wrigley Field and since they are located in neighborhoods instead of downtown, there are a lot of good restaurants and bars that are not necessarily tourist oriented.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

I have made reservations in both and have seen the one in Lincoln Park. Will view the Gold Coast in about a week. The Gold Coast overlooks the lake and park. We are going to do the hop on hop off bus one day and have tickets to a cubs game for another. The Gold Coast has a shuttle that will take you anywhere you want to go so along with the view I am leaning toward that one. Hopefully it is clean and in good condition. Like you I have stayed in good ones and bad. On both I happened to hit it lucky when making the reservations. The prices were so good I couldn't pass them up. Now the price is almost double at the Lincoln Park one.What is the web site for trip advisor? Thanks for everyones help.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 05:39 AM

Here's a link to Trip Advisor for Chicago hotels, one is currently ranked #40 (Lincoln Park) and the other #105 (Gold Coast), like everything on travel boards the reviews vary greatly

http://chicago-hotels.tripadvisor.co...is-Hotels.html