Day trips in South Florida?

Jun 23rd, 1999, 11:41 AM
karen

Day trips in South Florida?

Me and my husband will be in Marco Island for 2 weeks in Dec. We were originally supposed to go to Disney, but it fell through. We are still flying out of Orlando when we leave...looking for day trips near Marco, or on our way from Marco to Orlando. Any suggestions of good attractions?

Jun 26th, 1999, 05:30 PM
graziella

Hi karen, go the way of Evergaldes city, there you can rend a canoe, preferably with a guide, and explore the 1000 islands area....I love it...
Everglades city itself it is not nice but there you can have dinner watching the sunset at Oyster House, and a drink in one of the oldest hotels in the area
the Gun and Rod Club where President Truman slept when he signed the Everglades National Park deal. What ever you do inthe Everglades is beautiful....

Jun 26th, 1999, 06:00 PM
Joe Ferris

If you like shopping, go to Naples. there are a lot of fine shopping malls and great restaurants. The downtown area of Naples has just been re-done and it is really a great area; lots of good restaurants. When going back to Orlando, go by way of Ft Myers>LaBelle> then up hiway 29>hiway 27. That is by far the most interesting way to go to O

Search this Thread