Notices

Day trip to Block Island

Jun 17th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Day trip to Block Island

Dear Fodorites,

My 6 year old daughter and I will be going on a day trip to Block Island next week. I was planning on renting a bike. What are the best places to check out there? We are interested in good scenery and beaches. Any ideas for a day trip itinerary? We are traveling from New London, CT. We have about 5 hours for exploration. Thanks for your help. Howie67
Jun 18th, 2003, 04:20 PM

You can always bring your own bikes on the ferry. But if you choose to rent there are several places just off the ferry. The closest being just to the left of the dock. You can also rent mopeds for an hour or two and see the whole island. The island is hilly and it might be slow going for a 6y.o. You can go to the beach without riding a bike though.There is a path at the Blue Dory Inn ( next to the surf hotel with the rocking chairs on the porch)that will bring to the beach,3 miles of it. Walk untill you find your spot. You can eat at Rebecca`s ( counter service) or fin`s and get an ice cream at the ice cream place, yes thats the name of it. in back of the Harborside hotel. also buy some carrets and head out to the Manasis hotel farm where you can feed the goats, sheep and llamas. a short 5 minute walk out of town. hope I was of some help.
Bill

Search this Thread