day trip from Marco Island area to Disney World

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family will be renting a house on Marco Island from Jan. 3 - 10. Three members want to spend a day at Disney World, but they probably won't have access to a car. We are hoping that there might be a daytrip, probably by bus, to Disney World from Marco, Naples, or perhaps Ft. Myers. I f anyone knows of any or another way to do this, please let me know. Many thanks.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed this is the second time you've posted this and still gotten no responses. Perhaps it is because frankly a one day trip to Disney World with a 4 hour drive each way really doesn't make much sense. Which park to they want to see? Disney World is four separate parks and you can barely see one of them in a full day.
That said, I know AAA does some motorcoach trips to Disney World, but usually they are at least one night there. And you can expect the average age on those tours to be about 65.

If you are determined, I'd strongly suggest renting a car and doing it on your own. You can get a one day car rental in Naples (or Marco) for about $30 or even less per day. But I'm not sure who the driver would be after getting up at the crack of dawn and spending an exhausting day at Disney, then driving all the way back late at night!!!