Reload this Page >

Dahlia's Lounge/Seattle.....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 06:28 AM
elaine

We're spending 24 hours in Seattle. On a past visit we dined at Campagne (which was terrific). Am considering making dinner reservations at Dahlia's. Have any locals dined here recently? We prefer Pacific northwest cuisine. Another question, would my husband need to wear a jacket for dinner?

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Paula

I think Dahlia Lounge is good, but Canlis is so much better. A real splurge that's excellent is The Georgian room at the Four Seasons. As for Northwest cuisine--I think the Harborside on Lake Union is good and has great views and is less expensive than the above. It's a McCormick & Schmick's restuarant and they all have very good seafood at reasonable prices. But for only one night, I'd opt for Canlis.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Wendy

Dahlia is my favorite Seattle restaurant! Tom Douglas is a well known chef and his creations are wonderful and unique! Definatley make reservations but tell your husband not to worry about the jacket, he doesn't need to wear one.

Dahlia's northwest cuisine has a lot of Asian influence. Additionaly all selections will use NW frest ingrediants, meats from local farms, fish fresh caught, etc.

Whatever you do don't pass up the opportunity to try the famous triple coconut cream pie for dessert! It is amazing!!!

Enjoy your dinner, we dine at Dahlia regulary and it is always excellent!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:07 AM
elaine

Paula - thanks for your post. We are spending one night at Four Seasons; their concierge mentioned Dahlia Lounge.
Have read of Canlis; our travel companians prefer to stay very close to hotel.
Wendy - appreciate your endorsement! Want to maximize our only Seattle dinner - and will dine at Dahlia's. thanks for posting.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Dick

Canlis is very good but fairly formal. Look into Chez Shea. Above Pike Place Market, very romantic and one of the best in the city.Revolving prix fixe menu that specializes in NW cuisine. For either, you will need to make reservations weeks in advance. If you opt for Canlis, ask for a table by a window. It's a lovely view.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 03:19 PM
elaine

Just returned from vacation. We were so fortunate: Seattle weather was incredible! Four Seasons Olympic is outstanding; would stay there again.
Dahlia's didn't disappoint. We had terrific service. Restaurant decor very attractive. Menu selections were well-prepared (and well-described). Desserts were exceptional, incl. the coconut cream pie AND those doughnuts!!! We 'happened' upon Bumbershoot; felt like we were back in Woodstock! As always, Pike Place Market a feast for the eyes. We purchased flowers and took them on our cruise ship. They were so fresh and lasted 8 days.
Locals should feel proud of their city; Seattle is so clean (compared to the northeast).
Thanks for all the good tips!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Wendy

Elaine, so glad you had a nice day/dinner while in town. Now please stop telling people about our good weather!! We like to keep that secret to ourselves! ha!