Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > D.C./ No VA hotel recommendation: Hilton McLean

D.C./ No VA hotel recommendation: Hilton McLean

May 15th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

D.C./ No VA hotel recommendation: Hilton McLean

I recently put up some relatives in the Hilton McLean/Tyson's Corner since the hotel is very near where I live. They've got rooms for $79 the weekend of May 29. The Bounceback rate of $89 includes breakfast for two.

It is located near the first exit of the Dulles Toll Road outside of the Capital Beltway (I495).

The hotel has a shuttle to the Tyson's Corner shopping malls which are within walking distance. There isn't anything in the immediate area: walk out the door and you are in an office park. Good neighbors: Capitol One, FNMA, USA Today. Free parking.

They have a shuttle to the metro. I don't know if that means that they will take you to the W. Falls Church Metro stop or whether it takes you to the Westpark bus center (or both/neither).

It is not far from the Westpark bus center. It's walking distance for some people. Thing is, that bus center is the second stop for Metro bus 5A that comes from Dulles Airport. I expect that you could arrange a pickup by the hotel shuttle. You can take the bus to that bus stop for $2 and then figure out how to get to the hotel, or you can pay $30 to take a taxi from IAD to the hotel.

From that bus center, you can pick up a bus to the WFC metro or take the 5A to Rosslyn or L'Enfant Plaza, and maybe some other bus options.

Granted, this is not an ideal location for visiting D.C. and would take an hour or so, but the area is safe, modern, and the rates are really good.

The rooms were nicely furnished, atrium and nice lobby.
May 15th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Just for the record:

The Dulles Toll Road is VA route 267 and the exit is Spring Hill Road.

I expect that there is a Metrobus that runs along Jones Branch Drive between the Hilton and the Westpark bus center.

I don't work for Hilton. Considering the location, at the outer edge of the Beltway, this place is convenient to D.C. via I66/267 and to WFC metro via the toll road. Two nights w/breakfast and taxes was around $186 back in April.
May 15th, 2003, 07:16 AM

I always put people up in the Roslyn Courtyard by Marriot. (I live near that area - and it is very near a metro and Cafe Asia, one of my favorite resturants).... however, if you want people to stay in Tysons, there is a Sheraton, Courtyard by Marriott, and a double tree that have rates listed under $70 on Orbitz. That might be worth checking out, because i know the Courtyard in Roslyn is very nice.

Search this Thread