Six Flags

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Rae

Six Flags

I want to take my niece to Six Flags for a "grad" present. Are there any packages or hotels I should know about?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:05 AM
VagueAlert

There are dozens of Six Flags parks around the USA. Do you have a specific one in mind???

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Jen

Rae, please don't make us guess which state you chose as a keyword.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Susan

My hubby and I are taking our two boys to the one in Gurnee, IL this Sunday. It is pretty expensive ($30 for kids, $40 for adults), but the boys get in free for having read and logged 600 minuted during the school year, and Hubby and I each have an empty Coke can worth $10 off (check yours, Sprite too). This means all four of us will get in for $60.

Look up Six Flags on the web to see if they have any deals and/or info about nearby lodging. If you're visiting the Gurnee, IL one, it's across the highway from Gurnee Mills, an enormous outlet mall, so there are a lot of hotels nearby (I couldn't tell you which ones, though!)

Have fun!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:28 AM
name

Well, let's see; according to the Six Flags web site, there are parks in:

California - 5 parks
Colorado
Georgia - 3
Illinois
Kentucky
Maryland
Massachusetts
Missouri
New Jersey - 3
New York - 2
Ohio - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Texas - 6
Washington

Since Rae seems to assume there's only one Six Flags Park, we can't assume Rae was even talking about one in the US, although it was posted in this forum. Then again, so have questions about Bermuda and bus travel in Mexico. Therefore, we must also consider the Six Flags parks in:

Holland
Belgium - 2
Germany
France - 3
Mexico, and
Canada.

So after reviewing this list, we can safely assume Rae is not referring to any theme park in Oregon or the Sudan. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Suzy

I remember as a kid the only Six Flags was in St. Louis, then I think they opened one in Texas.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:02 AM
lightning

There's definitely a different feel to the parks I've been to now that Time warner has taken over - a lot more corporate with many cross-promotions (warner bros, Batman, superman, etc).

I miss the old days when Great Adventure averaged a couple deaths a year - now those were THRILL rides!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:19 AM
gambler

Here's a new game. Let's all guess which park Rae is referring to, until she checks back and hopefully gives the park she's looking for info on. Maybe we can swing a Fodor's pin or something for the winner.

I'll start off by guessing Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:25 AM
jerseyboy

lightning,

You're not being fair when you say Great Adventure used to average a couple deaths per year - it's misleading. It was more like multiple deaths every few years - Haunted House burned down, three kids fell from Lightning Loops, high school trip from Brooklyn went on a stabbing rampage, am I missing anything?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:30 AM
jerseyboy

By the way, I'm guessing Six Flags America (Maryland).

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:38 AM
coasterdude

Magic Mountain, Valencia, CA

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:39 AM
cb

Suzy:

The first Six Flags park was Six Flags over Texas in Irving, near Dallas.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:52 AM
luke

After examining the website, I'm torn in my guess between Six Flags Belgium - ride the WILD WAFFLE! - and Walibi Rhone-Alpes (France).

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
mikey

jerseyboy,

Yeah I always wondered what was worse: dealing with the kids from New York and Philly inside Great Adventure or driving through the baboon section of the Wild Safari? Then again, there might not be a difference.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:02 PM
BriNeelan

Six Flags also has a new park called Jazzland in New Orleans. It will add the "Six Flags" name in 2004.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:17 PM
oh

I can seeit now:

Six Flags Jazzland: Ride the Wild Emeril!

Bang!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Jen

Gee, Rae must be really really interested to hear our answers. It's been over 6 hours and she hasn't checked in!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Jim

A quick search shows that Rae selected the keyword "Texas" when writing her post. Apparently she didn't realize that (1) all the messages really go to one board and (2) there are 6 six Flags in TX!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Huckleberry

I smell a troll.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Rae

Sorry, thought I put Texas in the question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -