Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza in Times Square

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Jenny

Anyone been there lately that would like to comment on the Crown Plaza in Times Square? Pros and Cons about size, location, restaurants, elevators, crowds. Any details would be helpful.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 04:19 PM
a

I have stayed here on several occasions. I have had great views of Times Square. Room size is quite large for NYC standards. The quality is that typical of any Crowne Plaza. Service was fine. Never had a problem getting an elevator or felt that the hotel itself was too crowded. Restaurants outside of the hotel include mostly chain restaurants that serve the Times Square district. However, if you walk west there are some great, inexpensive restaurants.
In sum, I think it is a great hotel to stay in if you are interested in staying in Times Square.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Jenny

Any other comments on the Crowne Plaza? I'm anxious to book a hotel. Anyone stayed there lately that can give me pros and cons? Thanks !

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:39 AM
xxxx

My friend's parents are there this weekend. They really like the hotel and it is the their first choice when they come to NYC even when we offered something cheaper. I live here in NY and its location is great. Near the theaters and walking distance of pretty much everything. BUT if your looking for quiet, Time Square is not the place to be. Its always crowded with tourists. Thats with any hotel in Time Square.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Sue

I just stayed there on Jan. 10, and I thought it was great. It was my first time alone in NY, and I felt completely safe there. Good neighborhood, nice concierge, and big rooms for NY. You might be able to find something cheaper, but it was a nice place to stay.