Cool Places to Stay in Vancouver, BC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at visiting Vancouver during a trip to Seattle in August. We would leave Seattle on Saturday morning to go to Vancouver and then return to SEATAC airport Sunday night at 12:00 midnight for our plane back to the East Coast. We will have a car but wanted to see what the best option would be for getting up to Vancouver. Ferry seems out of the question due to location but maybe not?
We are also looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for one night in Vancouver. We are in our late twenties/early thirties and planed on staying at The Moore hotel and the Silver Clouds Inn in Seattle so we are basicially looking for something clean, decent price and a good view would be a big plus!

Any suggestions would be great.
This is the first trip I have planed using this forum and I have to say the info has been great. This is the first time I have had to post due to the good amount of info.

Thanks for any suggestions would be great!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 11:03 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Although this is the US board, my response is to suggest you look at Priceline for Vancouver hotels. Visit www.biddingfortravel.com for advice on how to make the best of PL if you're not familiar. Note Saturday nights are tough because of all the cruise ship people getting on/off that day or the next.

Freeway, not ferry between Seattle and Vancouver.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM

That is a long way for just one night on vacation. Figure about 3 hous with border crossing to Vancouver. There are many other side trips from Seattle that might be more friendly to your schedule.Perhaps take a ferry over tot he Olympic Pennisula or San Juan Islands.

If you have to go Vancouver,I got a great deal at the Rennesance on the water.

have fun!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:44 PM
MaureenB

We stayed at the Renaissance a few years ago and really liked it. We had a beautiful view of the water, but there was construction going on between the Renaissance and the water back then, so I'd ask them if they still have harbor views. It's a great location. I think there's a less expensive hotel a few blocks away, also at the water-- I think it's a Hilton but I'm not sure.

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:49 PM

May want to consider Vancouver Island and Victoria. We loved it there.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

I think you are right about 24+ hours being not enough time to really enjoy it.
Since we are going on the weekend we may change plans because of boder crossing, and people getting off cruise ships (thanks Gardyloo). Victoria was my first idea, to drive along the Alypic Pennsisula Coast through Seium and then take ferry to Victoria but my girlfriend used to live in Vancouver and is really wanting to go but again I think we are going to choose another spot. Victoria, Mt. Rainier and Olympic Pennsiula are next on the list. Thanks for all the help!!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM

Please bear in mind that any border crossing, or trip using a ferry boat will be subject to lengthy waits on an August Weekend. You'll have more control, and have more time to see things if you drive to your destination.