Connecting Flight in Dallas

Sep 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Connecting Flight in Dallas

Hello,
On December 22nd I am flying out of Detroit to Las Vegas on American Airlines but have a connecting flight in Dallis. Our flight arrives in Dallas at 8:26 AM. Our flight from Dallas to Las Vegas leaves at 9:04 AM which gives us only about 40 mins to connect is this enough time? Do i risk missing our flight?
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM
tmh

Unless they are side by side you're in for some heavy duty walking. AA is in Terminal A, B and C. See http://www.dfwairport.com/index.html for maps

Unlike other airports that have long hallways with all their gates down them, DFW has circular terminals. Great if this is your final destination but can be a hassle if you're connecting.
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:06 PM

DFW also has a good airtraans system- underground train that takes you from terminal to terminal. It's easy to use and you should be fine. Ask what gates and terminal you will be landing at and departing from- get the map in the back of the airline magazine.
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:09 PM

As long as your flights arrive and depart in the same terminal, you should be OK. If you do happen to miss the connection, the good thing is that AA has LOTS of flights from DFW to Vegas (one nearly every hour) so rebooking shouldn;t be a problem.
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM

The tram system at DFW is just awful. It is soooooooooo slow. And when it snows it crashes, I kid you not. You should be sure that American tells your connection (hopefully also American) that you're coming and make them wait for you. This is a very tight schedule and I think it will be hectic for you.

How did you get such a tight schedule? I'm worried for you.
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM

According to aa.com, your flights are 80% (DTW-DFW) and 90% (DFW-LAS) on time. I'm guessing that the 20% and 10% respectively are at times like Christmas week. I wouldn't sweat it too much, but if you're very concerned call AA and see if they can put you on the next flight out, at 9:50 AM, i.e., 46 minutes later. Tell the FAs that you'd like to know the gate assignments as soon as they know. They'll help you.