Condo on the Gulf w/ Pool at Seagrove Beach

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condo on the Gulf w/ Pool at Seagrove Beach

Surprisingly, I am having a lot of trouble finding a condo in Seagrove Beach that is on the Gulf AND has a pool. I think Commodore's Retreat is the only one I've found. Anyone have any ideas? I've been scouring VRBO. I only need a one bedroom - it will just be me, my husband, and our 1 yr old son.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM

Try Southern Resorts, Abbott Realty, Newman-Dailey Resort Properties. There are others as well.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 04:08 AM

We stayed at Commodore's Retreat last year (found a unit on VRBO) and were very satisfied. It is a small complex and therefore the beach and pool were not crowded. Also, beside the condo, the Eastern Lake waters flow to and from the ocean making a shallow, warm water area that the kids enjoy. It was especially nice since there was a heavy undertow while we were there preventing us from getting in the ocean.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:52 PM

Have you found out anything about the current condition of beaches at Seagrove? We are hoping to stay at Commodore's Retreat in mid-April, but are concerned about damage from the hurricane last July. Can anyone who lives out there give us a report?
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:57 AM

Call your booking agent, express your concerns, and ask them to e-mail you CURRENT pictures of the beach and property. Under the circumstances this is a perfectly reasonable request and they should be willing to accomodate you.

Property owners (and I am one) in this area are well aware of concerns from potential renters about the condition of the properties and beaches and they should be willing to do anything within reason to alleviate your concerns.