Condo ON beach in Poipu?

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condo ON beach in Poipu?

My husband, toddler and I are vacationing on Kaui in October. Are there any nice condos ON a quiet (for a toddler) beach in the Poipu area? I've checked out the photos on wizardpub.com and a lot of the beaches look surprisingly rocky and rough. Thanks for your input.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM

Kiahuna Plantation has a sandy beach. It is a HUGE property, some of the units may be quite a walk to the sand.

I would take a toddler to nearby Poipu Beach Park for safer swimming, there is a protected area there for little kids.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 05:59 PM

Kiahuna is where we've taken our kids since they were little. The beach to the side of the point- towards the Marriot is generally very calm and great for snorkling. This is the area small children (and I) are often found. It's right in front of the Kiahuna property but on the left side (facing the ocean).
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:11 PM

Kiahuna is probably the best for ocean front property, but just beware that very few of the units are actually on the waterfront. Most are a short walk from the beach through very nice tropical grounds.You may not have an ocean view with alot of the units so be sure you ask specifics about the unit and its location on the property.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:29 PM

Stayed in an OV 1 bedroom 2 summers ago for a week w/our kids. Loved the property and the beach. Had a great view. Look at a map of the resort to find where the unit would be. We were happy w/location. But beware there is no A/C and there are louvered windows w/screens. In August it was a little uncomfortable at night to sleep and those little no seeums got in and ate us alive most nights when they weren't buzzing in our ears.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 08:28 PM

Our family stayed at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club this August and it looked like a great place for small children. The pool had a separate shallow section in the main pool, as well as a shallow kiddie pool surronded by grass right on the beachfront. The hotel is on Poipu beach and I saw lots of toddlers in the water. There are not really waves because of the reef area. The hotel is a time share condo that is still under construction but that was not a problem, the outside work is pretty much done, just finishing the interiors. Great rooms with plenty of space & privacy! Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Kiahuna borrows the pool at the Sheraton since they don't have their own, so that may be inconvenient if you want a pool. It is nice though, and Poipu Beach and park are within walking distance around the bend for a safe swimming beach. We just returned, and our two year old swam there. We too stayed at the Waiohai, and they have a wonderful keiki pool close to the beach which our toddler enjoyed. Nice view from there. Waiohai is very nice and is closer to the safe swimming spot, but they are doing the time share pitch, so beware. However, rooms that are finished appear to be all beachfront. Good restaurants are within walking distance too (like Roy's, Keokis). Brenneckes restaurant was not that great this time around though, but a great view, and if your toddler acts up, as ours did, it is loud enough in there that nobody seems to notice. Have fun, and don't miss Lydgate Park!!! We bought sand toys at Walmart and just passed them on to a family as we left.