Condo/Cottage/B&B for two in Hana

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condo/Cottage/B&B for two in Hana

Aloha,

The more I read about Maui the more I know we will want to stay several days in the Hana area. (yes, I know there's no nightlife, shopping, etc. That's perfect for us. We LOVED the north shore of Kauai last year

Anyway, I'm just beginning my research so I thought I'd ask for recommendations for places to stay in Hana (doesn't need to be large since there's just two of us - studio/1 bedroom is fine). Ideally a condo or cottage that has a kitchen, and in the general ranges of $100 & $150 a night. A nice view would be good - doesn't have to be ocean though that's wonderful too, but we'd like at least something pretty to look at while dining on the lanai.

A B&B may be an option if there's one in the area anyone can highly recommend (can go a bit higher on cost with that since bfast would be included).
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 12:18 PM

I did some research for friends who were going to Hana for their anniversary and found the following. www.hanasunrise.com $225/nt
www.hamoabay.com $195/nt
www.hanaoceanfrontcottages.com $250/nt
www.halekukuna.com $175/nt
www.haleheavenlyhana.com $230/nt
It may be difficult to find a suitable place in your price range. My husband and I stayed in a house right on Hana Bay a couple of years ago for $150/nt--location was great but the house was the worse for wear--woefully underequipped kitchen, moldy smells in some areas. Good luck on your search. Hana is so laid back and beautiful.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM

This link has 50 B&B's in Hawaii. You can check the Maui ones to see if any are in the Hana area.

http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt...aii/index.html

Also:

www.vrbo.com
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 11:53 PM

My seatmates on a recent flight from Maui had stayed at the Hana Oceanfront Cottages and couldn't say enough good things about it. They absolutely loved it there.
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:59 AM
trippinkpj

Another option is staying in Upcountry (Haiku, Makawao, Kula). I know there are a lot of B&B's in Dusty's link in that region in your price range. It was an easy 1 1/2 hrs. to Hana from Haiku. And I think Upcountry has a lot of what you are looking for.

Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
trippinkpj

We stayed at this one 4 years ago. Great spot xlean and very affordable (still in the $75.-95.-.).
http://www.vrbo.com/90691

Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Marty - Can you give me more info on the house you stayed at on Hana Bay? We are looking at some rentals in that area & would appreciate knowing what to avoid.

Thanks,

Sandra
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM

It was Hale Popolana http://hanamauitravel.com/halepopolana/index.html
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Original Poster

Thatnks for the info Marty.

We decided to pass on the Hana Travel Co house (it was a different one than where you stayed, but an older home which I'd guess might have the same problem). We are going to stay at Anya's House (www.anyashouse.com) for this first part of our trip. Now I just have to decide where to stay the rest of the time! (Leaning towards Kihei)
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:26 AM

Anya's house looks just lovely. Remember if you're planning on cooking many meals stop at the grocery store/supermarket before you get on the road to Hana. There is only the general store there which has fewer selections and is somewhat pricy. Enjoy your stay.