Reload this Page >

BW Beach Resort in Monterey Questions!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Deblynn

I had some questions about the BW Beach Resort in Monterey. There have been several posts regarding stays at this resort. Do they have refrigerators in every room? We booked so late, we did not get an oceanfront room. Will we be able to hear the ocean at all from our room. Some of the posts on trip advisor complain about the bathroom being small. We have two boys, and I was wondering if they have a separate dressing / vanity area besides the bathroom? Any description of what to expect from the hotel and ammenities would be helpful. Also, they have afternoon snacks? The first time I called this hotel, they indicated breakfast was included, then when making my reservations, they indicated that breakfast is not included! I'm confused about what's included and not. So is it right on a beach we can walk along. How far is it from Carmel? Thanks for any input!

Old Jul 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deblyn,
Did you see my post for the Suite available at the BW Carmel Bayview Inn in the heart of Carmel?? Last time I talked with them it was available for all 3 nights for $209. Just wanted to bring it to your attention, in case you hadn't seen it. You did say you preferred to be in Carmel
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 11:25 AM

I don't remember there being a refrigerator in our oceanfront room at all. We stayed at the Plaza last time we were in Monterey and I loved it.

We have stayed at the Beach Resort every year for twenty years, a lot when all our kids were younger and they just loved the property.

The bathrooms are small, there is a small dressing area right outside the bathroom. The afternoon snacks are nice, my kids loved this. The snack buffet is set up near the lobby with gorgeous views of the ocean. Lots of chairs, tables, etc. to sit at while you eat.

There is a nice pool, spa and the oceanfront restaurant is fairly decent with gorgeous views of the ocean from the place.

The beach is very nice where it is located. The drive into Carmel/ Monterey is about ten minutes or so which never bothered us at all.

If you want to stay right in Carmel, the place Winerycat has found for you sounds very nice also. Let us know what you decide!! ***kim***
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM

Deblyn seems to have checked out. Too bad, that suite at the BW Carmel Bayview Inn had a private balcony with bay view (pretty rare in the village) and 2 bathrooms. For 4 people, it was a very good value. But I question if it's still available now, it's been a couple of days since I told her about it, but she may not have seen the post. After all the hassle on this room, how ironic. :-S
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 08:30 AM

I'll take the room, Winerycat! LOL It sounded made to order for what the poster wanted. Two bathrooms? How great would that be with two boys? Sounds perfect!!! I want to go to Carmel!!! ***kim***
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM

LOL, Kim, I was thinking the same thing myself, but I'll be happy to share it with you! Part of my heart's always in Carmel and Bouchee's calling my name, too. Let's go!
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Deblynn

Hey Thanks, Winerycat! Yes, I booked that suite, but I still have the other reservation too. My husband is away on business right now and I think he's going to flip out at $209 per night, so I thought I had better keep both reservations until I talk with him. It sounds like a nice place, but have you ever stayed there? It only warrants a 3 diamond in AAA and doesn't even place in the mobile travel guide. The Beach Resort gets a 3 diamond AAA and 2 star with Mobile. I hope I'm doing the right thing. There are mixed reviews on trip advisor! Thanks, and how did you talk him down to $209? When I called and Shon wasn't there, they would not budge on price! Deb

Old Jul 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM

Deb, you much was your room at the Beach Reosrt and how badly do you want to stay right in Carmel?

Do your boys want to be right on the ocean or do they prefer Carmel also? ***kim***
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Deblynn

Hey Kim,
My Room at the Beach Resort is quite abit less ($150 per night, with the last night going up $20). I, myself would prefer Carmel Village, but I believe my boys would probably like the ocean better. We do not have an ocean front room, it's one of the "garden view rooms". Would we still be able to hear the ocean? It sounds like you have been there many times. Which one out of the two would you prefer? Deb

Old Jul 9th, 2004, 09:15 PM

I like being right on the ocean. I actually have never stayed in a garden view room, so I don't know if you can hear the ocean from those rooms or not.

Hey, is there any way you can stay at both places? HOw many nights will you be there? We once stayed two nights at the Highland's Inn and one night at the Spindrift in Monterey.

Is that a possibility? ***kim***
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Every time we go to Monterey we stay at this Best Western. We have not had a garden view room, (the gardens are beautiful) so don't know about hearing the ocean. We think this is a really good hotel in a good location. And I have to say I think the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I don't usually rave about Best Westerns but this is an exceptional value.
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 09:31 AM

Of course you'll be able to hear the ocean, the hotel is right on the beach for Pete's sake. You'll also be able to hear the freeway because it's right off the freeway. You could stay in Carmel if you looked hard enough. You've been given excellent suggestions for Carmel. Carmel beach is much, much nicer than the one at the BW.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM

Deb, Tess is right, the Carmel beach is gorgeous! Let us know what you decide!! ***kim***
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 07:44 AM

Deblynn,
It's disappointing you couldn't get the very lowest rate--I guess Shon was feeling generous when he spoke with me that day. The King Suites are the best in the house and you want them for a high season week-end, the hotel's almost fully booked, so there's probably not much room to negotiate at this point.

I've not stayed at the Carmel Bay View Inn, or any of the Best Westerns. Normally, my tastes run to small historic inns with lots of character & charm, like Pine Inn, Cypress Inn, La Playa and their Cottages-by-the-Sea nearby, my favorite. But these hotel rooms tend to be smaller and the larger rooms are more pricey than you want. The cottages are wonderful, but 2-3 times higher than you want and are booked months in advance.

I think the CBVI in general is nice, clean, comfortable, nothing too fancy, but good for a family. I was impressed with the Suite, but if it's just too pricey, you have the smaller room in Monterey. Hope you have a nice time.