Notices

Compare 3 places in Destin, Florida

Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Compare 3 places in Destin, Florida

We've settled on taking our two boys, ages 2 and 3 to Destin, Florida.
Never been there.
I've seen virtually every 2 bedroom condo online, it seem,s and I'm hoping that I'm choosing
a good place. Looking at vrbo.com.

Can anyone compare and/or recommend the best place for us?
We wish to be on the beach, great view, nice place with pool. Would be great to have
tiki bar or food on site, but not necessary. Just not sure if I'm aiming correctly, location wise.

What are your thoughts on the following 3 places:

Silver Beach Towers
Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa
The Palms of Destin

Oh, and is Seagrove better????????????? That was mentioned somewhere.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM

We stayed at the Majestic Sun when we stayed in Destin in 2001, which was new and lovely at the time. Destin is a little busy for us but is actually wonderful for young families who enjoy a lot of beach entertainment venues, shopping and lots of restaurants.

We prefer staying out near Seagrove/Seaside/Watercolor---the Beaches of 30A,since then we prefer to stay in a quieter area.

All the beaches in the area are beautiful. We love riding bikes on the bike path. It has been a few years since we visited but the last few times, we just rented one of the Seaside Beach Honeymoon cottages--not sure that is what they are called but they would not work for you. There are some really nice houses/condos in Seagrove. We also like the older Grayton Beach and ride our bikes or walk down on the beach. Many of the houses are across the street from the beach but you can walk to the beach.
Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM

Check out this website - www.30a.com
I've added them as a "friend" on Facebook and I love the daily updates with things to do and see - as well as just really great pictures.

Can't help you with Destin. I have friends who own second (and third) homes there (on the rental market) but it's a little too busy for me too. I like the Beaches of 30A (especially Seagrove) too.
Mar 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you. I did look at that web site after Linda mentioned 30a. I had no idea what that meant at first!

Search this Thread