Commute Times from Malibu to Canoga Park

Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commute Times from Malibu to Canoga Park

Hello,

I will be commuting from Malibu to Canoga Park for two weeks. I'll be working from 8am to 6pm Monday thru Saturday in early October. How long should I expect to commute to take? Is Topanga Canyon the best route?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated,
Gabriel
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:40 AM

depends on WHERE in Malibu to where in CP, but I'd say you could leave Malibu at 7:10-7:15 in the mornings and have no trouble? 6pm will be a killer except on Saturdays. Just plain slow going.
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:08 AM

Not sure where you normally live and drive, but driving through Topanga Canyon is twisty and can be unnerving to some. And you cannot really drive all that fast in there. Something to factor in. When I lived in Thousand Oaks, I used to drive it {TC} to get to Santa Monica and gave me cause to go slowly.

That was 30 years ago however, and I now live in SW Colorado where the roads are worse than that and with snow at times...so I guess I've gotten more adapt!

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I do have some flexibility in my working hours. Traffic-wise would it be better to work earlier (say 7a-5p) or later (9a-7p)?
The house in on the PCH between Topanga Beach and Malibu Beach and the worksite is just past the 101 in Canoga Park.
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Topanga Canyon will be your most direct route to Canoga Park and you'll be going mostly against traffic, except for the stretch southbound on PCH before the signal at Topanga.

Turning left (south) from PCH to Topanga can take a few minutes, it's a long signal. Then, it will be about 20-25 minutes through the canyon and down into Canoga Park. What's the address of your workplace in CPark? It's a pretty canyon, the road is twisty but it's easy to go 35-40 mph.