Reload this Page >

Comments: Sheraton Waikiki & Hyatt Regency Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 1997, 11:35 AM
Patty

We are thinking about the Sheraton Waikiki and the Hyatt Regency Maui for our honeymoon in late October. Also considering Embassy Suites in Maui. Has anyone stayed in any of these hotels - if so, any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 11th, 1997, 01:36 PM
Ginny D.

Been to both the Sheraton in Waikiki and Hyatt Regency in Maui. Several years ago, though. However, I don't think they are much different today. (5 Years later). They are two separate and distinct places. Waikiki is a hustle-bustle place. Just like a regular city. I felt almost as if I was in New York City. The Hyatt Regency in Maui on the otherhand, is a paradise. At the time I went, Maui was more of a place for relaxing. I don't know if it is different today.

My favorite islands are the "Big Island", Hawaii, and the very little Kawaii. The island of Hawaii is so very diverse. It has everything -- Nightlife and liesurely times also. Kawaii, in my opion, was most scenic. I'm sure you'll enjoy Hawaii, whichever islands you choose. It is truly a paradise!

Old Jul 12th, 1997, 11:06 AM
Jack

My wife and I have stayed at both. We would suggest that you stay at both. Spend a couple or three days in Oahu at the Sheraton and then go on to Maui and stay at the Hyatt for the remainder of your honeymoon. The Hyatt is great, it is in a great location, the Swan restaurant would be a great part of your honeymoon.

Old Jul 14th, 1997, 08:05 AM
Patty

That's exactly what we had planned - just a few days in Waikiki (to see Pearl Harbor, etc.) and then the remainder in Maui to relax. Thanks.

Old Aug 18th, 1997, 08:10 PM
Alfred Harding

Instead of the Sheraton Waikiki, I would suggest staying next door at the Sheraton Royal Hawaiian, The Royal is old Hawaii, The Sheraton Waikiki is a massive 30 story three armed concrete building with no charm.

The Royal on the other hand was built during the time of steam ships and is beautiful and charming.

The Hyatt Regency Maui is great, have stayed there five times and love it!

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 01:56 PM
L. Montgomery

I would not recommend Sheraton Waikii at all. It is more of a convention or "package" hotel, no charm and a tiny strip of beach with chairs practically touching each other.

There is a wonderful Hotel on the other side of the Island from Waikii, it is perfect for a honeymoon.

It is called the Ihilani Resort and Spa, it is glorious, the most wonderful rooms on Oahu, the best service, wonderful beach, restaurants. It is a piece of heaven away from the crowds of Waikii. It is also closer to Pearl Harbor.

Waikii is 20 minutes from the Airport in one direction and Ihilani is 20 min. from airport in other direction.

The Hyatt Maui is excellent, although I would rather be on Kaui which has two wonderful Hotels, The Princeville on one side and the Hyatt on the other, both are grand and Deluxe and Kaui is breathtaking.

I would also take The Big Island (Hawaii) over Maui for its sights.