Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Comfort Suites(seaworld area). Nice play to stay for 2 women traveling to San Diego .

Search

Comfort Suites(seaworld area). Nice play to stay for 2 women traveling to San Diego .

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone stayed at Comfort Suites (seaworld). Looks nice and centrally located for catching trolley to Gaslamp, Stadium, shopping nightlife. Any suggestions for be a great help. There seem to be so many Hotels to choose from. Coming for Packer Game Dec 14th Thanks Much
Sandy
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sandy, is this the Comfort Suites on Camino Del Rio S.? I can't find one any closer to Sea World, and this one is not close to Sea World.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:58 AM
ltt

this is in what's called "hotel circle". hotels line each side of a freeway. the trolly is in the area but not sure if it's within walking distance of your hotel. there are two shopping malls close by. the zoo is a 10 minute drive as is mission beach. i would not plan on enjoying nightlife close by. convenient to all freeways but not an area to enjoy an evening stroll. it would be fine place for a couple of days. if you don't plan on renting a vehicle, make sure that the trolly stop is close.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Thnaks,
Barbara, It's on Hotel Circle Drive. They said the trolley was right by the Hotel. Should I believe them? Price is right or should we go with Mission Valley area. I'm so confused. We will be there 5 nights. Thanks'
Sandy
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:47 AM

This is the Mission Valley area - albeit the very west end of it. There could be a trolley stop nearby.

For your perameters though, I'd stay in Old Town. Mission Valley is convenient (and relatively inexpensive)but not really what I'd call fun. There are 2 or three nice hotels in Old Town, a trolley station to Qualcomm, shopping and plenty of nightlife. You could even trolley over to Fashion Valley (more shopping) and Downtown Gaslamp area (more nightlife).

Try the Holiday Inn Old Town (who knows, name could change again before you call though- used to be a Ramada). Very cute, if not right in the center of Old Town. I'd stay away from the Best Western Old Town though - really much further out of town.