Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Colorado Wildfires - Anyone live near Telluride?

Notices

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:07 AM
lisa

We're going on a road trip from Texas to just south of Telluride this coming weekend. Plan to stay a week in a cabin about 12 miles S. of Telluride. I've been checking the news and saw a map of the wildfires in CO on cnn.com. They look very close to SW CO. Anyone live near telluride? Are there some roads closed in southwest CO?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:58 AM
gb

There's a smaller fire north of Durango. It does not appear to be near Telluride.I don't believe there are any roads closed near Telluride at this time.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 12:06 PM
travellyn

The situation may change from day to day (hour to hour?) at this point because of smaller fires flaring up all over. That said, road closures are unusual. I'd call the road conditions number (877)315-7623, or check the web site for a couple of days beforehand <www.cotrip.org>. Make sure you have a map in front of you or have memorized the highway numbers.

The Durango Herald web site <www.durangoherald.com> will give you day to day information, albeit a bit exaggerated.