Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Colorado: "Trail Ridge Road Closed Due To Two-Foot Snow Drifts!?"

Aug 27th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

I just heard this on the radio on my way to work in Evergreen. Can you believe it? On August 27th!?

I'm lovin' it.

AL C
Aug 27th, 2004, 08:12 AM

Appropriate, given it was also closed on the first day of summer.

Not even raining in Keystone today. Hopefully will be nice tomorrow for the Art,Wine and Jazz Festival.
Aug 27th, 2004, 08:17 AM

The CO DOT website says that Mt. Evans is also closed above Summit Lake. Lots of snow this winter would be great - could help alleviate the drought issues from the last few years. I love snow!
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:18 AM

Grasshopper, we are planning on the Wine festival if the weather holds. the "Fritz" is doing a wine maker dinner Sat night, so not matter what on Sun I will probably be hurting
Aug 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM

Coskier, Have you tried the new "Mexican" restaurant in Dillon yet? 3 years in the making but what a surprise. The decor is fantastic and the menu even better. I had shrimp stuffed fried pumpkin flowers in a pool of mole sauce (with a hint of cinnamon) that were SO good! And there was nothing "tradtional" about the "Traditional Salmon". I highly recommend giving it a try.
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Grasshopper,

Would you please give me the name of the restaurant of which you speak? I'll be in Frisco in a couple of weeks and would love to try something new.

Thanks!

AL
Aug 30th, 2004, 08:57 AM

We'll be in Silverthorne the second week in Oct. and were hoping to drive that road. Will it reopen, do you know, or is it done for the season? I would also like the name of that great Mexican restaurant. Thanks.
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM

I think it is called Mexico, Grasshopper? You cannot miss it, It is a big place on the Hwy in Dillon.

Yes Grasshopper we ate there, had to after watching it for years! Have to say I found all the "stuff" a bit claustrophobic, I think they went a tad bit to far. It was good and pretty good Margs for Summit County. Why is making a decent Margarita to hard? Be aware though folks it is pretty pricey for "Mexican" They do have a bar menu that is more moderate.

How was the wine tasting? Heard it was very crowded on Sat. We never made it. The wine dinner at the Fritz had us all feeling pretty poorly on Sunday.