Cocoa Beach - 4/5 hour sea fishing

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocoa Beach - 4/5 hour sea fishing

We are doing a 2 day trip from our condo in Orlando to Cocoa Beach - all day for the kids on the beach, overnight, then all day at the Space Centre - and then back to Orlando.

September 17th

I would like to do a 4/5 hour sea fishing trip with my father-in-law. We are not deep sea/game fisherman - we want a leisurely time, get a few fish - have a laugh and some banter.

All the sites I visit seem to cater for "serious fishing" - we simply want a few hours on a boat while the kids play on the beach. My father-in-law is blind - so we just want an easy days fishing.

Can anyoneone point us to a boat in the Cocoa Beach area that might cater for our needs?

TIA

Brian
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 04:16 PM

This site might help:

http://www.cocoabeach.com/fishing.html

My husband's gone out on the Miss Cape Canaveral for years and just enjoys the time on the water and people on board the ship. Be sure to stop at RonJons Surf Shop while you're in Cocoa Beach - tacky, but too much fun!
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 04:43 PM
GoTravel

One of the larger boats should fit the bill. The smaller boats are expensive and cater to serious sport fishers.

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 10:32 PM

Hi,

Just a suggestion about the Space Center. We've been twice and really it can be more than covered in about 4 hours max. Once you see the ships and watch a couple of movies, you've about seen everything, unless you are going on one of the guided tours. I have a thirteen year old and she definitely tires of the Center after about an hour.

The Canaveral National Seashore and the nature preserve are much more interesting and relaxing. That seashore is beautiful.

Good luck with your fishing, can't offer much help there, but thought this feedback might be helpful.

NetWit2000
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone - I've been researching your hints.

http://www.orlandoprincess.com/

They do a half day trip - which leaves at 10.30am - most of the others leave VERY early in the morning!!

The Cape Canaveral boat only appears to go out at 8am - which will be too early.

Will also look further into the Canaveral National Seashore - the two kids are 6 & 9 - so a few hours may be all we 'get' at the Space Centre.

Thanks again to all who responded.

p.s. I've booked Sunday Brunch at the Rennaissance Resort at Sea World. We went two years ago and were thouroughly impressed. We booked again last year - and it was one thing I'd looked forward to all year!! Guess who spent all weekend in bed with a viral infection and missed out????

Not this year - I hope.