Search

Hawaii again?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii again?

My husband and I went to Maui and BI for our honeymoon last September and had the most memorable, wonderful vacation ever...are we silly for wanting to go back for our 1 year anniversary? We are contemplating a tour of Italy (we both have been separately) but the relaxation and slow pace of the Islands are so enticing...what to do? TIA
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
iceeu2

Hawaii, of course! I say make it every annniversary!!!!!!!!!Of course, there are lots of fluctuations from island to island.

i'2

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:41 AM

Hawaii is hard to resist isn't it?

Our first trip to Hawaii was for Thanksgiving 2004. We went to BI for 12 days. It was so wonderful we went back for Thanksgiving 2005 but this time spent a couple of nights on Oahu before returning to BI.
The second trip was also wonderful (but different partly through choice)and we especially enjoyed visiting Oahu as it was so different from BI. We definitely realised that there had to be "new" element to each trip for us to experience the WOW factor.

Last year we decided to visit the Caribbean for Thanksgiving and it was also wonderful... this year we're off to Italy (not our first time but it includes our first visit to Venice for the "new" element that we crave).

So, in my experience, you're not silly to want to recreate your honeymoon experience for your first anniversary but bear in mind it's not possible to recreate the WOW factor of a new place if that appeals to you. However, if you want << the relaxation and slow pace of the islands >> then save Italy for next year!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:42 AM

Tough choice. Have you considered a new destination that neither of you have been to like Ireland (if you haven't been there already)? You could also try a different island like Kauai, just depends on if you want a relaxing or faster paced vacation. Personally I'd travel abroad for a new adventure. Italy can still be beautiful too, again, just depends on if you want to veg out on an island or not. You can even find a place on the coast if you want to be near the ocean.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:49 AM

There are lots of wonderful tropical islands all over the world, why not discover a new one together? Italy too would be a great adventure. I vote for trying something different.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Kal

Did 3 weeks in Italy and then 3 in Kauai this year....

Italy in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It depends what kind of vacation experience you are seeking. I love Hawaii (4x) and Mexico (17x) ~ always come back *very* relaxed from either place.

I love going to Europe (5x) too, but for me anyway that's more about adventure and learning. I come home happy and satisfied, but usually very tired and worn out from the trip, not refreshed and relaxed like a tropical vacation.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:01 AM

I would go back to Hawaii again and experience a different island. We went to Maui for our honeymoon and loved it so much that we went back and did Hawaii and Kauai - it was just as great as the first time, and fun to see parts of it we hadn't experienced the first time. Hawaii is pretty hard to beat in my book.