clearwater beach for spring training

Mar 9th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

clearwater beach for spring training

We are going to CWB and staying at the barefoot bay beach resort from march 12-16. We are bringing our 10 yr old son. Has anyone stayed at this motel? Anyone know how close CWB is to the phillies spring training site? Is CWB really as run down as people are saying? Having reservations about being there with our son? ONe last question...will this be spring break time? Thanks!
Mar 9th, 2004, 05:43 PM

I can't answer all the questions but a few. The Phillies spring training site is maybe 15-20 minutes away - it is more in central Clearwater area. It is easy to get to though. You will take Route 60 West to Old Coachman Rd and make a left and then you will follow the signs. I have only seen the site from the road but it looks fantastic. This site has some photos and more information. http://phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/p...ining_2004.jsp

The school district(Pinellas) does not have Spring Break until the following week but some colleges might have break at that time.

Have a great time!
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info...I just hope the area is not overrun with rowdy college kids.
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:54 AM

While it's true that on a normal day, the new stadium is 15-20 minutes away from the beach, it could take you more than an hour to get there because the traffic is terrible getting on/off the beach this time of year, even though it's not officially "spring break". I'd recommend you take Drew Street instead of the main road, Cleveland and Gulf to Bay (HWY 60). Your best bet is to leave the beach early when everyone is going TO the beach, and head back to your hotel later in the afternoon when people are leaving the beach. You're one week before the local schools go on spring break, so it won't be an absolute zoo, but it will still be very crowded and you can plan on traffic being a bear.

Search this Thread