Clarion Executive Plaza 71 E. Wacker

May 28th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Pat

Clarion Executive Plaza 71 E. Wacker

We plan to stay here in September. Any one have any experiences with this Hotel? We have stayed at the Lennox before and thought we would try something new.

May 28th, 2001, 04:23 PM
patg

They have some of the largest rooms in Chicago and are centrally located at Wabash and Wacker - walking distance to either downtown or N. Michigan Avenue.

The caveat is that Wacker Drive is undergoing a complete teardown and reconstruction. The Tribune posts updates at http://chicagotribune.com/news/metro...-49851,FF.html

Talk to the hotel about noise and access problems, especially if you are driving there. Construction will definitely continue through September - it's a two-year project.

May 28th, 2001, 09:09 PM
BTilke

I, too, have stayed at the Lenox and would pick it over the Executive Plaza. Last year, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency while a friend stayed at the Clarion--and I definitely had the better room. The decor in the Clarion was this weird late 60s-early 70s baby blue aqua, like an old swimming pool. EVERYTHING was in that color--furniture, bedspread, bathroom. It was weird!! Also the service was mediocre at best. In that neighborhood, I would look at the Silversmith Crown Plaza (the Allegro and Monaco are good choices, too, but more well known and likely to be booked or have higher rates). I stayed there two years ago and was very impressed. Good service, great Arts/Crafts/Pottery Barn type decor, soundproofed rooms, and good price. My favorite inexpensive hotel would be the Claridge up in the Gold Coast area.
BTilke

Search this Thread