Reload this Page >

Citiwalk/Universal Orlando Dining

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Dan

was wondering were to have a Nice dinner - Any recomendations. We already have reservations for Emeril's, but I haven't heard such great things about it. How is the Palm Restaurant in the Hard Rock Hotel? Any suggestions? THANKS

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:24 AM
flagirl

I would eat at the hard rock cafe and also, if you want to drive to downtown disney... the rain forest cafe is really good... great atmosphere for the family... kids will love it.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:39 AM
mickey

I had the Wahoo and Bananna Cream Pie at Emrils and it was wonderful. As for another suggestion try the Latin Quarters at City Walk or the Trattoria del Porto at The Portofino Bay Hotel.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
garyt

The Palm was a very good to excellent dining experience... the dining room was not overly crowded and the food was above average... go for it... It's also nice to get away from the Park theme places for at least one meal...

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Peter

I've tried Latin Quarter and Margarita Ville - liked Latin Quarter better. Motown Cafe was a disappointment- they certainly could have better motown music than they were playing that night. Got info from www.orlandotripplanner.com - has a whole section on City Walk and Universal, etc...

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 06:29 PM
Jaye

Just returned from staying at The Hard Rock Hotel. I heard a couple of negative things about The Palm, so we opted for the Sunset Grille at that property and had a great dinner there. Also, if you want far above theme park quality food while you are enjoying Islands of Adventure....eat at Confisco Grille near the park entrance. Enjoy

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:38 PM
pcw

We had several good meals while staying at the HR Hotel/walking distance of City Walk and IOA/Universal Studio.
#1 Mythos at Islands of Adventure was excellent food and atmosphere.
#2 Pastamore (?) good food bad acoustics but nice decor. (City Walk)
#3 NBA City very good food, we liked the atmosphere because we're bball fans and were there the night of the NBA championship finals. Lots of fun, good service and a very good meal.
Menu at Emeril's looked very good but we were not able to get reservations.
Also ate at Margaritaville, nice atmosphere and service. Food average.
Have fun and happy eating!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
Gail

I agree with pcw about MYTHOS at Islands of Adventure. I've had some of the best meals I've ever eaten there (and I dine out often). They have great atmosphere, wonderful service, and DELICIOUS,creative food.
I haven't been to the Palm, but have heard it's not worth the money.
We like the Latin Quarter at CityWalk.
Hard Rock Cafe has decent food but is VERY loud.
We also had a couple good meals at Lombard's Landing in Universal Studios Park.
If you want loads of great advice on Universal/IOA go to www.disboards.com and scroll down until you come to the Universal message boards.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:25 PM
foodie

flagirl: Your idea of good food is the Hard Rock Cafe and Rainforest? I think you need to get out a bit more.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:09 PM
Postal

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Emeril's. The three times I've eaten there have all been spectacular.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
mumpt

I agree with "foodie'' -- just recently came back from 5 days in Universal/Orlando area and thought the food was lousy overall. We eat out often --Hard Rock is Hard Rock, no matter where you are. Margaritaville was passable, and the Trattoria at the Portifino Hotel was lousy. Definitely try the Palm if you enjoy a good meal, but you'll pay for it. For a party of 4 adults, 2 teens with drinks, appetizers and 1 dessert our bill was more than $350.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 01:57 PM
xxx

we went on a trip to universal/ioa earlier this summer. emerils was wonderful! no complaints. we stayed at the hard rock hotel and the sunset grille was great too. we ate at both of these restaurants multiple times and they were all wonderful. have fun on your trip!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:30 AM
RICHARD

For my money there are plenty of decent restaurants on International Drive. I personally liked the "Bahama Breeze" but there are probably 100 restaurants to choose from and in addition many things to see such as the Mercado, Ripley's Believe it or Not, F.A.O. Schwarz, Wet & Wild, etc.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Duane

Latin Quarter gets my vote.
Duane