Reload this Page >

Circle Line Cruise - NYC

Search

Circle Line Cruise - NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Jesi

Circle Line Cruise - NYC

I am looking for comments from people who have taken a Circle Line Cruise. Is the 3 hour cruise too long? We are trying to decide between the 3 hour vs the 90 minute cruise. Any suggestions would be helpful. Also, do I need to purchase tickets in advance? We will be in NYC in early August.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:33 AM
z

I have done the 3 hour cruise, with visitors, a number of times. It does have boring moments (actually more than moments). I would go for the 90 minute criuse.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Owen O'Neill

I agree. The 90 minute cruise covers the same high points of lower and midtown Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. The three hour cruise has some lengthy stretches that aren't particularly scenic during which the guide takes a break because there's nothing of significance to comment on.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Owen O'Neill

I don't think you need to purchase tickets the previous day but if you're in town on a busy tourism day such as a summer weekend with good weather you may want to buy the tix a few hours before the cruise departure time.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Audrey

I bought tickets for the 90-minute cruise online, and they were mailed to me. Fortunately, the tickets are good through 12/31--the day we planned to use them last month was cold and rainy so we didn't go.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
r-travels

I also have done the 3 hour cruise, which was very good with a seemingly knowledgable narrator, but I too agree it's too long. Like prior post said, little to talk about especially the last 45 minutes.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Sue

We took the 90 minute cruise and really enjoyed it. If you have access to an "Entertainment Book" there is a coupon for buy 1 cruise/Get 1 cruise free.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Shannon

We just took the 2 hour cruise last week and found it to be a bit boring (I can't imagine what the 3 hour tour would be like!). It might be more interesting for a first timer.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:45 PM
chris

My wife and I just got back form our first ever trip to NYC. We took the 7pm Harbor lights tour, 2 hours long and that was plenty. We got our tickets at the vistors center on Broadway, went on a Wed. night and the boat was half empty. We were glad we went but would not do it again. We had the most fun on foot just walking around town and over the Broklyn Bridge.

And PS
Thanks go out to all the tips we got from this site.