Notices

Christmas pilgrimage

Dec 7th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Prudence

Christmas pilgrimage

We are interested in touring a few mansions in Mississippi along the Natchez Trace during Christmas week. Do you recommend any inns/b&bs that are especially nice at this time? Thanks.

Dec 7th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Jon-Eric

I hope youre planning to go all the way to Natchez because I dont think there are any actually on the Trace. Dunleith is nice anytime of the year and Monmouth is too, but Monmouth is really done up nice at Xmas. A lot of the victorian homes really outshine the antebellum ones at Xmas, but lets see...
Stanton Hall is decorated nicely and Glen Auburn, D'Evereux, Choctaw, and Rosalie. Certain homes are only open at Christmas just like the spring and fall pilgrimages. Regarding places to stay Dunleith and Monmouth are probably the nicest and theyre open year round. The Guest House downtown is also nice. Linden is a little farther out of town and one of the best bargains. Travelers Rest has just been restored and I "think" thats also a B&B?

Dec 7th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Patrick

I second Dunleith plantation as a place to stay. It's beautiful and they have a wonderful restaraunt on the grounds too.

Dec 9th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Prudence

Thanks for the suggestions. Monmouth looks gorgeous.

Search this Thread