Choosing travel destination speculating on low fares

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own timehare and need to use a week before the end of October 07. I would like to reserve my week before there is nothing much left to choose from. My dilemma is that we did a big trip last summer and don't want to spend for high air fares. Before I settle (much rather fly to destination) on a timeshare resort in driving distance, I am wondering if anyone knows an easy way to find out which destinations are typically lower priced fares the time of year I want to travel? It could take many hours to search on airline sites for 20 weeks in all different locations to get fares and compare. I would imagine air fares to hurricaine destinations are probably lower during the hurracaine season. So, year after year, are there usually discounted fares to certain places certain times of year. Again, I am thinking of travelling May-October.I will consider all ideas.

I am very open to where I go. Any place different that I haven't been before will be exciting. I just don't want to book a timeshare week and later find out the flights are a fortune to get there.

Thanks alot.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Does anyone have ideas?
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:13 AM

http://www.itasoftware.com
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 06:38 AM

Where have you already been and don't want to go again, where are you flying from, and do you have any places that you really want to go to if you could only find a good fare?
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:00 AM
GoTravel

Where are you going?

Your destination depends upon the time of year.

Example, October may be off season in Miami but you'll pay premium prices for Ft. Lauderdale during the boat show or Key West during Fantasy Fest.

Ditto tracy.

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
JJ5

Tell us your airport of departure- that's of prime importance.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM

this site does an historical analysis of fares http://www.farecast.com/?cid=2293
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 08:01 AM

In addition to ITA Software, kayak.com is good for researching fares.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

You might have missed that I mentioned I want to travel May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct. I will be flying out of the Northeast - Boston, Manchester, could be NY.
It could be the mountains, ocean, Caribbean, Mexico, Canada,maybe Europe. My husband and I tend to prefer some adventure and love getting to know different cultures. Last summer we were in Costa Rica and loved it. Like Puerto Rico for the same reason. Years ago we were in Morocco, Spain, Portugal (before I had any flying fears. I have been to Jamaica, California, the Rockies, and more. But this trip can really be anything. I am not a big museum person, not into big nightlife. Wherever we decide to go, we will make a great time. I am the queen of researching and am confident I will come up with great things to do.

I know my question is very hard to answer. I was just looking to see if I could narrow a direction to even begin looking because a site like kayak I could be checking everywhere imagineable.

My husband would love to go to Europe and I am open although I do not like to fly but have come a long way and doing much better. The worse part of flying for me is not taking off or landing, but being on the plane for a long time. I am not saying I won't go because I don't want my fears to stop my travels, but...
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Airfare watchdog
check it daily