Choice of hotels w/ kids

Feb 3rd, 1999, 06:09 AM
Greg

Choice of hotels w/ kids

Have it down to the following hotels for a 5 day stay in DC in July: 1)Holiday Inn on the Hill, 415 New Jersey Ave. NW; 2)Radisson Barcelo, 2121 P St.,NW at Dupont Circle; 3)Washington Hilton, 1919 Conn. Ave, NW at Dupont Circle; 4)St.James, 24th&K,NW; or,
5)Channel Inn, 650 Water St,SW. All are about the same cost and have pool. Which is best for proximity to Metro, good neighbood, and good room? Thanks.

Feb 3rd, 1999, 06:44 AM
ilisa

Your best bet would be either the Holiday Inn or the Radisson Barcelo. Since I don't stay at those hotels, only attend meetings and events, I can't tell you about the quality of the rooms. However, both are good locations. I would probably pick the Radisson as a first choice out of the two. Dupont Circle is a great area. You are very close to the metro; there are great restaurants in the area. The Washington Hilton (aka the Hinckley Hilton), while near Dupont, is a bit further away, hence, a longer walk to the metro. In July, you will want to minimize the amount of time you spend unnecessarily walking. It is positively stifling here. The Holiday Inn is a good choice if you can't get the Radisson. It is in walking distance of the Capitol and Union Station with its metro, shops and restaurants. Stay away from the Channel Inn. That neighborhood isn't the greatest, though the nearby fish market is excellent. The St. James is in a good area, though a bit boring and a bit further from the metro. I hope this information helps. Oh, I am a docent at the Air and Space Museum. If you are planning to visit it, and have any questions, feel free to ask.

Search this Thread