Chocolate martini at Roxy's in Reno

Jul 5th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Chocolate martini at Roxy's in Reno

I had the most incredible chocolate martini at Roxy's bar in Reno (at the Eldorado/Silver Legacy/Circus Circus complex) and was hoping to find out if anyone has the recipe or at least a list of ingredients (so I can play around with the the ratios). I can't remember the exact name of it but it was something like The Empress or some other thing with royalty in the title. It was very smooth and I could barely even tell it had any alcohol in it...until I stood up...that and at some point I stopped being able to feel my face I'm not much of a drinker so that surprised me a bit. Anyway, I know it had more than just one or two ingredients and they were very expensive sounding but that's as much as I remember. I just want to learn one good party drink to mix when we entertain and even our non-drinking friends like chocolate martinis
Jul 5th, 2005, 10:22 PM

the best site for drink recipes:
www.webtender.com

good luck!
Jul 6th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks -- I'll give them a try!
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Children, children... Ever heard of Google?

Chcolate Martini Recipe

6 parts vodka
1 part chocolate liqueur
Chocolate curl

Combine vodka and liqueur in a mixing glass with ice cubes and stir. Strain into a cilled cocktail glass and garnish with chocolate curl.
Jul 6th, 2005, 02:07 PM

Godiva Chocolate Martini recipe

1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka
2 1/2 shots half-and-half

Jul 6th, 2005, 02:08 PM

Ice
2 fluid ounces chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 fluid ounces vodka
1/2 ounce grated chocolate

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the chocolate liqueur and vodka to the shaker. Shake briskly to mix and chill. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with the chocolate.

Makes 1 Serving.
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, FainaAgain -- I really appreciate all these recipes to try. I did try Google but none of the recipes I found seemed quite like whatever it was they had at Roxy's. So far the ones I've tried making have tasted a bit too strong and I was trying for potent, yet smooth (sort of like the kick you get from a well-made Long Island Ice Tea where you don't really taste the alcohol). I do remember there was more to the ingredient list than just vodka and chocolate liqeuor but after drinking it my brain got a bit silly and it never occured to me to write down the ingredients. The closest one so far is the Godiva one. That's why I was hoping to somehow get the inside scoop on Roxy's ingredient list. I'll just have to keep trying till I perfect it (a tough job but I think I'm up for it ;-) )
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Hey, I volunteer to help you! Let's try 'em all! Chocolate or no chocolate! Roxy or no Roxy!

The secret may be the vodka. They all (like 50 varieties I know!) taste different.

See how none of the recipes tells you which kind of vodka? That's because they want us to keep trying... and trying... and trying! Ick!
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:27 PM

Roxy Treat

1 oz Van Gogh Raspberry Vodka
1 oz Malibu Rum
Splash Amaretto diSarrano Liqueur
Shake with ice and strain into chilled martini glass
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM

THIS MUST BE IT

White Chocolate Raspberry Martini

oz Van Gogh Raspberry Vodka
oz Chambord Liqueur
oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
Shake with ice and strain into chilled martini glass
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:29 PM

Man, oh man! These sound soooo good - hook me up
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM

No idea about what Roxy's actually uses in their drink, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is Van Gogh (brand) Dutch Chocolate vodka. This is the finest chocolate vodka I know of. Smoooooth for miles! You should be able to find it (or have it ordered by) any large booze store. They have a website with literally thousands of bar recipes.
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Those don't sound like Roxy's but they sure do sound good! And I'll have to give that Van Gogh chocolate vodka a try too. I'll just have to head over to Liquor Barn or Booze R Us or whatever it's called. The only ingredient I do remember was the Godiva chocolate liqeur (which I am almost out of now after trying out some recipes). I also remember seeing a recipe on the net that used vanilla vodka and frangelica (or however you spell it!) in addition to some other ingredients. Haven't tried that one yet. This is turning out to be a very expensive recipe hunt (what with all these yummy ingredients to try) but sometimes you just have to suffer for your cause
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:19 PM

While this drink may be appealing, can anyone explain why a drink made with a fruited vodka and two kinds of sweet liquour is called a "martini"? If you poured Slimfast or chocolate syrup into a martini glass would you still call it a martini?
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

I guess anything that has vodka in it and is poured into a martini glass counts as a martini these days

I'm sure many martini purists out there think of chocolate martinis much in the same ways as golfers think of miniature golf.
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:44 PM

So true. As an old time TRUE martini drinker it took me long enough to accept the idea of Vodka being in a martini. We purists know that a marini can only be made with gin. But in an attempt to be "modern" I finally agreed that there can be such a thing as a vodka martini. But this chocolate, apple, raspberry, maple syrup, kool-aid, tang obsession poured into a martini glass and called a martini is simply more than I can take!

Now excuse me. I think I'll make myself a proper dry robroy and forget the whole thing!!
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:07 PM

I'm a vodka martini enthusiast, and I absolutely love these frou-frou martinis that you speak of, Patrick! As someone who can't even look at gin amp; , vodka martinis are my barfly favorite.

Although I must admit....once I came in to work with a chocolate martini hangover. When my boss found out what I had been drinking, he felt it appropriate to bellow (yes, bellow), "THAT'S DISGUSTING!"
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:32 PM

Patrick-shaken or stirred?