Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

outrigger wailea or renaissance with kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 05:53 AM
susan

Hi,
I can get a good rate at either one of these hotels with the entertainment card. Just wondering which one has the better beach, pools and atmosphere for a family? Thanks for your time and any help!
Susan

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Dawn Ct

We stayed at the Outrigger Wailea this summer and thought the hotel was very nice for families. They have a new pool area with water slides that my youngest son enjoyed.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Lynn

Susan,
I love the Outrigger and would stay there over Renaissance but F.Y.I. the Outrigger does not have a beach...the coast is very rocky there.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 07:29 AM
Hawaii

topper

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:14 AM
Lani

The Renaissance is my favorite hotel, overall, in Hawaii. But with children, I'd take the Outrigger Wailea for the new pool; the Renaissance pool is much smaller. Don't let the above comment about the beach mislead you - there are five gorgeous beaches that form a crescent in front of the Wailea Resort - a few feet either way, you have some of the most gorgeous beaches on earth!

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 05:12 PM
kim

We took our kids (12,10,4) this summer to Outrigger Wailea and had a blast. Kiddie pool and slides attract all the younger ones leaving other pools relatively quieter for adults. Kids loved the smoothies and foot-longs served poolside, too! Having the beach on both sides of the hotel leaves an ubobstructed view of the ocean straight ahead. With rooms so close to the ocean we could hear the waves at night. Can’t wait to go back.