just booked a last minute 4 day trip to the windy city for me and the kids (9&11). we will be going to the zoo, aquarium, museum of science and industry, lake Mich and millenium park for sure.
Help: I'm trying to decide where to stay: I am splurging and either a hyatt (park regency or magnificent mile), or ritz or four seasons. need to sleep kind of separate from my kids, and want quiet room. want really good service.
my kids love food of all kinds, are adventurous enough and don't usually order off the kids menu; but my younger son is kind of loud on occasion so hush hush places aren't good for us. i don't want to waste a meal on a bad one, and would love recommendations of places we can go based upon where we're sightseeing/the above hotels' locations.
They are also lovers of sweets and baked goods, so recommendations on donuts, cookies, cupcakes etc also much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 2 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 9 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 15 Padre Islands
- 16 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 17 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 18 NASHVILLE
- 19 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 22 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 23 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 24 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 25 Galveston