Notices

Chicago trip to navy pier

Apr 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Chicago trip to navy pier

My daughter wants to go to a festival at navy pier. I would prefer to stay at a hotel out of downtown and commute in that Sunday then commute back out to my car. We will be coming from Indiana or we could come up from champaign. Can any one tell me an area to stay and where I can catch the el, bus, train whatever? Thanks
Apr 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM

Why don't you want to stay in town? If there isn't a big convention in town the weekend you want to visit, you can get good hotel rates on Hotwire or Priceline
May 1st, 2013, 05:08 AM

If you don't want to stay in the city, try Rosemont. It is right next to O'Hare, so there are a lot of reasonably priced hotels to choose from. I recommend aloft, Intercontinental or the Hyatt. Parking will be free at these places (vs $20-50/night at a hotel downtown) and there is plenty in the area to do. If you choose to stay at aloft, it is connected to what they call the entertainment district of Rosemont. It is sort of promenade area with 6 bars and several restaurants right next to each other in sort of a circle.

Transportation: You can drive about a mile to the Blue Line Rosemont station to park for a few dollars and then hop on the Blue Line train toward Forest Park. Get off on Grand and walk west for a block to the #65 bus that will take you directly into navy pier.

When you arrive at the blue line, I advise purchasing a 1 day CTA pass for $10. This will be cheaper than the $13/pp you'd pay by doing it separately.

Good thinking for not driving to Navy Pier, parking prices are astronomical!
May 1st, 2013, 06:27 AM

The River North or Mag Mile area are good safe areas with bus access to Navy Pier.The Hampton Inn is nice for the price.

http://chicagovisitor.net/ChicagoHotels.html

Search this Thread