I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact CANON Tec*h care
- 2 RV Grand Canyon
- 3 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 4 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 5 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 6 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 7 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 8 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 Where would you go in March?
- 11 10 day California Trip in July
- 12 I need help
- 13 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 14 New York in 5 days
- 15 Newport Beach restaurants
- 16 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 19 Expedia
- 20 Italian Provisions
- 21 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 22 girls trip / oregon
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 25 Vacations in New Orleans
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?