Chicago Lobster or crab rest.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the name of that restaurant in Chicago that was in the movie My Best Friends Wedding. It looks like a nice and a family restaurant. They were eating crabs or lobster and they were singing that song. I am coming there for a week May 30-june 6 going to see the cubs play all week can't wait, but I usually like to go try a new restaurant and I am dying for lobster, so if you are from Chicago or you know of some great local rests. that have maine lobster. Please let me know.

Thanks, Liz
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:28 AM

Lizzy:

If you're talking about the scene where they sing "Save a Little Prayer," it's an Italian restaurant on Southport called Strega Nona.

Never been, so I can't tell you much about it, but I do have a friend who was an extra in that scene! And it's walking distance from Wrigley.

For crab, there's now a Bob Chinn's Crab House on the river I think at Clark street. Or Try Joe's Stone Crab, which might be on Rush.

Enjoy Chicago, and Go Sox!

Racy
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:07 AM

I don't know particularly about lobster but Joe's Stone Crab or Shaw's Crabhouse, both just off Mi. Ave and very close to one another are excellent. Joe's is from the Fla. original and Shaw's is a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant. Both are very good. Strega Nona is good but not the best Italian in Chicago although it is walkable from Wrigley so you might want to check that out. Also, if you are into "movie" restaurants, Twin Anchors, in Lincoln Park was the bar in Return to Me with Minnie Driver and DAvid Duchovy-excellent ribs.
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:49 AM

From a suburban perspective....

Bob Chins in Wheeling is extremely popular and very good. Trivia: They sell more Rum than any other resturant in the US. This is due to the popularity of their wonderfull Mai Tai's.

Joes Crab Shack, which I think has multiple locations, Schaumburg for sure. Fun Family place where you sit a picnic style tables and throw your crab leg remnants in a community bucket built into the center of the table and beer comes in buckets as well if you so choose.
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all,

My stay in Chicago is always the BEST!! Shopping, food and of course the Cubs. We come every year, so we always love to eat as soon as we get off the L-train from the airport this sunday we head out for a pizza at gino's. Can't wait. We actually went to a rib joint in Evanston the very first time I booked a trip to Chicago in 1993. I thought from the map Evanston was six blocks away from Wrigley, boy was I wrong, but we stayed at a Holiday inn and it look like it was a little campus, very nice a friendly but we ate a Bar-b-que place, New Orleans something and when they heard us talk they new we were from Louisiana. When we arrive at Wrigley, sometime my husband talks of moving up to Chicago, he would be a great sports writer. But he can't leave his LSU Tigers. But just for a moment we dream about living in Chicago. Anyway, I can't wait to look for all the restaurants thanks again for all the help. Take care, Lizzy