Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Chicago Hotel Choice: Days Inn Lake Shore Drive or Best Western at Ohio&Michigan?

Search

Chicago Hotel Choice: Days Inn Lake Shore Drive or Best Western at Ohio&Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 09:14 AM
Sandi

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Price is almost *exactly* the same for both. Just going for two nights over a weekend in September via Amtrak. Going to a Cubs game and will be using public transportation all the way. I believe the Best Western would be more convenient for the transportation, but I'm looking for other opinions. Thanks!

Sandi

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 12:04 PM
Leah

Sandi,
We have stayed at the Best Western Inn of Chicago several times. The location is excellent and I think you would be very happy there. I have never stayed at the Days Inn Lake Shore Drive. The BW is right in the middle of things. If you have any more specific questions about the hotel, please post them and I will try and respond. We were back in Chicago this summer, yet again, and had a great time. I don't know what your rate is, but we lucked out and found a great rate for the Embassy Suites. It was fantastic!! We also enjoyed a Cubs game!! Have fun. Chicago is a wonderful city.......

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 01:36 PM
Lou

Hi!

I'm going to Chicago in September and am having a difficult time finding any rooms downtown available. (Sep 7,8,9)

The only place I could find is the Days Inn in Skokie. Do you have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Lou

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 06:24 PM
arjay

Have stayed at both and would concur with your first respondent about the BW (tho is was under different operation when we stayed there). But it's closer to transportation, smaller (always a plus in my mind)...and the Days Inn has a lot of drawbacks: it's large, caters to lots of flight crews and its reasonable rates seem to draw a lot of party-ers. Cleanliness of the rooms isn't always up to par. Elevators don't always work..(last visit, we walked down from the 26th floor, after about a 15 min wait - in an UN-cooled elevator foyer. Preceding us down the stairs was an equally frustrated couple with a baby and (ford explorer-type) stroller. Stay at the BW!

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 05:06 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Here's another vote for the BW.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 07:31 PM
julie

I also vote for BW. My friend and I take a weekend trip every August and stayed at the BW for the first time this year. The location is fabulous. The rooms are standard size and quite clean. The concierge was helpful. Check in/out was smooth.