I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 2 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 3 Newport Beach restaurants
- 4 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 5 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 6 10 day California Trip in July
- 7 NY theater district restaurant
- 8 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 girls trip / oregon
- 12 Vegas in February
- 13 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 14 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 15 Las Vegas TR
- 16 I need help
- 17 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 18 A Few days in Museums
- 19 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 20 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 21 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 22 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 23 Travel Shenanigans
- 24 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 25 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??