Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Cheap and Correct lodging around Miami and Ft. Lauderdale?

Notices

Old Dec 21st, 2004, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Travellers...
I am just looking for a cheap place to stay for my bi-annual stay in Miami. I drive daily to South Beach, for the beach, to Ft. Lauderdale seeing familly in the evening and on cloudy day visiting and shopping in the area. Want i want: Cheap place (50-60$/night), no frills, no beach, free parking, QUIET for sleeping, correct bed and air conditionning. That's it... I am a mini-snowbirds and prefer staying 3-4 weeks in a correct one star than one in a 4 stars... and keep big buck for european stay in summer. The Super8 in north Miami Beach was perfect, but it is close now (too cheap probably.... $45/night high season). Than losting this place i look for a substitution... but i don't whant to stay in a scraap too...but if it is quiet + clean in my room...i can do a lot of concession. I see a lot of Motel6, Extendedstay hotel, Red Roof inn etc. but doesn t know some... do you have any recommandations for quiet, no frills and clean sleeping place....
P.S.: When i talk of $50/night it is sometimes with the use of discounts coupons in a "room-savers" free catalog...
Thanks a lot to everybody...
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:10 AM

Why not stay at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL? Its 5 miles N of Ft. L. (closer to your family) and much easier to see your family. Check into the motels there, especially ones on A1A that may be a bit cheaper than the El Mar Drive ones and the beach is much less crowded than South Beach. The motels might give you a cheaper rate because you are staying for such a long time.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:56 AM
GoTravel

Check out the Mirador Motel in Hollywood Florida. It is between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale on what I think is the prettiest beach in Florida.

Can't be too much more than $60 per night, kitchenettes, clean, heated pool, steps to the beach.

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:13 AM

LaQuinta's are an inexpensive chain--perhaps check out those--my uncle thinks they're good value and decent although I've never stayed in one myself.

I used to live down there but it's been awhile so unfortunately, I don't have a more specific suggestion for you. Perhaps someone will see your post and help you out
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:14 AM

I've gotten good rates at Red Roof Inn at MIA in the past, but it's gotten a bit on the rundown side in the last few years. Since then, I have been using Amerisuites just off Palmetto Expressway in Miami and have been very happy with them.

I can also recommend Hampton Inn just off I-95 and Cypress Creek Road in Ft. Lauderdale.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks StepH. ,Go, O.W.J. & Statia ;-)
Old Dec 28th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

top.