I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 2 Big Sur weather in early December
- 3 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 4 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 5 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 6 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 7 Our next summer trip
- 8 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 9 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 10 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Family winter holiday
- 13 Dulles to BWI
- 14 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 15 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 16 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 17 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 18 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 19 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 20 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 21 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 22 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 23 Muir Woods - new rules
- 24 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 25 Padre Islands