Notices

Charleston SC visit...hotels??

Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Charleston SC visit...hotels??

My husband and I will be visiting Charleston for the first time in July with our two granddaughters age 9 and 11. Trilingual to decide on the hotel...have looked at Harbourview Inn, The French Quarter, Planters Inn, and Market Pavillion. Any suggestions?? Also plan to visit Savannah after leaving Charleston and would love some suggestions for there as well. Very excited about our trip!!
Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM

We loved Planter's Inn - great location with plenty of restaurants, shops and things to do within walking distance plus there's very easy driving access & egress for when you want to venture away from downtown. Even though the Inn is right on Market Street the very comfortable rooms are well insulated from any street noise.
May 9th, 2016, 10:42 AM

actually heard a lot of good about Planters Inn - are the rooms really nice? Right in the downtown historical district? thanks
May 9th, 2016, 11:54 AM

I just returned from Savannah; we spent two nights at The Andaz. We were upgraded to a better room than the one we had booked and the size was great but I've read that the standard rooms are quite small. If you do not mind that, or can book one of their larger rooms, I highly recommend the hotel.

Location is very good, although apart from the hotels right on the river (I was not keen on spending much time there) I don't imagine there is a bad location in the historic district.

Search this Thread