COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Charleston SC neighborhood advice

Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Charleston SC neighborhood advice

4 older ladies planning our annual reunion in Charleston in Oct for 4 nights. Want a rental and it seems that everything we can afford ($500 a night) is in the Upper King area. I know we would prefer to be south of Broad... or at least further down the peninsula. The properties we've seen all seem to be on Cannon, Spring St., Vincent, St. Vincent. Are these good neighborhoods?. Or do I have to convince my friends to find more money or spend fewer nights? Any advice to share?
Old Apr 4th, 2019, 03:52 AM

Hey,
I live in the area and could help if you are more specific with your rental. Are you considering hotel or AirB&B?
Old Apr 6th, 2019, 09:30 AM

I am just back from three nights in Charleston with a group of lady friends. We rented on spring st and found the neighborhood to be fine. We were very close to king st and from there close to a number of restaurants. Like you we might have preferred to be south of broad but it is my understanding that Short term rentals are limited to the area you cited. It is clearly a neighborhood in transition but at least where we were much of the transition has taken place. We walked a lot and also used Uber which was readily available. We had a wonderful time and loved Charleston!
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all of you for your advice. We actually found a carriage house, part of a b&b, on Church St. two of us will share a room, but living room, kitchen, breakfast, parking are included for very reasonable cost. Very happy!
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 08:18 AM

That sounds real good. Enjoy!!