Charleston SC B&B

Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Charleston SC B&B

Please, a recomendation for a moderately priced B & B in Charleston, S. C.
Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:04 PM

Hello gloriaann, everyones idea of a moderatley priced lodging varies. May I suggest that you post back here and give an idea as to what price range you are interested in. This will give others a chance to give you information that will be of a benefit to you. Best wishes.
Jul 23rd, 2005, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Dear Lovely Lady:
A reasonable price for a BB for us is not to exceed $100.00.

Thank you for your HELP.

Gloriaann
Jul 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM

Hi gloriaann, just out of curiosity I went onto Google and typed in "B&B's, Charleston,SC". There are a lot of B&B's but none seem to give their prices until you put in your desired reservations dates which I did not do of course.

I have a feeling that B&B's are very expensive in Charleston as they all seem to be in lovely old homes.

I stayed at the Francis Marion Hotel which is in the historical center of Charleston. My friend made the reservations and think she got our rooms for something like $95.00 but I don't remember if she made them directly through the hotel or through something like Priceline.

I truly think if you want to stay in the historical center at a B&B it will not be possible to get a room for $100.00 or under as Charleston is so popular and it is quite a tourist attraction. But hopefully someone else here on Fodor's will be able to give you some advice. Best wishes to you and hope you can work something out as Charleston is such a lovely city to visit.
Jul 24th, 2005, 02:49 AM

There are hardly hotel rooms for that price in Charleston--and even that will heavily depend on the time of year and the time of week.
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:05 AM

You are going to have a hard time finding one at that price point. If Southern Living magazine is sold in your area, pick one up. I've found really good promotions in there for nice inns (not B&B). I'll check my most recent one when I get back home. Charleston proper (historic district) is fairly small and supply and demand drives up the prices. Having said that, it is well worth it to spend more to be in the historic district vs. driving in from the 'burbs.
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:05 PM

I stayed at a very nice B&B that was near MUSC (Medical University of SC) - it was a bit of a hike into downtown but do-able. You might check that area as well.
Jul 25th, 2005, 04:48 AM
GoTravel

The cheapest you are going to find a B&B in Charleston for will be about $129 in off season (mid June through Labor Day).

I've had good luck with the Andrew Pinckney Inn which isn't really a B&B but more of an inn.

For what it is worth, both the Days Inn and the Best Western in the historic district are both around $200 a night right now.

Charleston just doesn't have cheap accommodations.

Jul 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM

SC native....will be difficult to find lodging at $100 during any season....You can often get a resonable reate at Francis Marion but this is not a B and B......Try Chraminginns.com

This is a group of B and B's owned by same company...We just stayed at King's Courtyard Inn and the service, privacy, and location were terrific!
Jul 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM

I will second GoTravel's recommendation of the Andrew Pinckney Inn and also add my own rec for the Meeting Street Inn. Neither are B&B's, but they are both smaller inn-type lodgings, with service and amenities similar to a B&B. I've been able to get both for as little as $99 a night within the past 6 months. However, the prices will be significantly higher if you are talking about a time when there is a major event going on, such as the Spoleto festival or the fall home and garden tours.