COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Charleston Experts: Andrew Pinckney, BW King Charles OR Holiday Inn

Old Feb 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

For the money and the amenities (pool, free wi-fi, parking $11, no breakfast), I think the Holiday Inn on Calhoun might be the best value/rooms but how's that location? Anyone stayed there recently?

Thanks ... (Have tried to talk myself into staying outside the historic area, driving in, but it's just not the same if I can't walk to SNOB for dinner!)
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Andrew Pinkney is a good location, and often quite reasonable. Check their website--I think you can sign up for email specials.

Have you considered the Doubletree? Might be a little more, but very spacious rooms/suites, and there's often a good deal on the doubletree/hilton website.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Judy, the Doubletree really runs up the bill charging extra for everything. I can see that's it's very nice but we're doing so much traveling over the next few months that I'm trying to keep the hotel tabs reasonable. Thanks for your reply.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM

There's a Days Inn right in the Historic District and only a block from the market. It ought to be reasonably priced, and it looks as if it is a nice place -- with parking. I haven't stayed there, but you ought to check it out.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM

The Day's Inn is quite nice. It is in an historic building, and the parking is free. A man working in the Visitors Center said he always recommends it.