CHALET IN THE SMOKIES

Old Feb 20th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

CHALET IN THE SMOKIES

Anyone have any recommendations on specific chalets in the Smokies you have enjoyed staying in?

Looking for moderate price, nice view, and two bedrooms. Does not have to be fancy--rustic okay.

Yes, I have checked out the web sites but the amount of choices is staggering.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 05:48 AM

We stayed in a lovely chalet a couple of years ago which we booked through www.patriotgetaways.com. Two bedrooms, hot tub on deck, great view, close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. They have a huge selection, ours was called Beary Hill. It was very clean and nicely furnished. I can't recall the price but I shopped around a bit and believe it was reasonable. There were many nice chalets in that area and it was very convenient for sightseeing. Hope this helps!
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 09:03 AM

We rented through www.chaletvillage.com
and were very pleased. Had a 2 BR in the Cottage Garden area. Very nicely furnished, 2 fireplaces, well equipped kitchen, 6 person hot tub, 2 1/2 baths, good view. Was $190 per night with a free night thrown in for longer stays.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help!!
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:14 PM

Hi Connie, my family just spent a weekend in the Smokies, actually in Pigeon Forge area in a cabin operated by Timbertops. This was out first stay with them; we decided to try them as they cabins offered lots of amenties (hot tub, pool table, etc.) The cabins are nice, but very close together. We got very little sleep on Sat. night because of a large party going on nearby. I don't think I'll stay there again for that reason. In the past we have stayed with Hidden Mountain Resorts. They are always nice, though I don't think they offer pool tables. Abd they are not as expensive as some of the others. There is Hidden Mountain East, which is closer to Gatlingburg and Hidden Mountain West which is closer to Pigeon Forge. We prefer Hidden Mountian West. All of these cabins appear to be really off the beaten path, when you first drive in, but after a couple of drives in and out, you realize they are quite close to everything. Enjoy the Smokies!
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM

My daughter rented a two bedroom a couple years ago from Gatlinburg Real Estate...http://www.gatlinburgchalets.com/
The chalet was called Stargazer and she said it was wonderful and had awesome views.
We also rented from this place but stayed at Pappy's Place which was wonderful but had a woodsy view rather than a mountain view...it was quite a ways up a mountain road.
They are both listed on the above website under two bedroom chalets.
Hope this helps.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Brutforce

I would look closer to the Asheville or Grandfather Mtn. area. The area around Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg is built-up beyond belief w/crappy strip malls, cheesy t-shirt shops & horrible traffic. The options are staggering but in the past it has helped me to rent through realty companies & please ask for pics of all sides & the interior. It kind of boils down to you get what you pay for.

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

THANKS AGAIN!
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:24 PM
iceeu2

Connie, Check out oakhavenresort.com...We have friends who stay there every year and just love it. They actually have a Sevierville address I believe. We had my husband's 60th birthday celebration there last August and rented 3 cabins. They are spacious...all have hot tubs and screened in porches. The cabins are just as beautiful as the photos they show of them on the website. This is an outstanding place.

Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 08:19 PM

Connie, when are you going and where will you be coming from? Drive? I got some tips and suggestions. Happy Appalachian Trails to ya!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

We are going in April and are driving up from northeast Texas. My sister is meeting us from central Kentucky.

Thanks for all the recommendations. It really helps to get first hand knowledge about rental companies and cabins.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:50 PM
iceeu2

Everyone up there will be running specials during the time of year you are going..20% off at Oak Haven and Hidden Mountain, I believe. Others do stay so many nights, get a night free. One place that looks very interesting to me is Aunt Bugs...Don't know a thing about it, but she bakes your favorite dessert and has it ready for you upon arrival..Again, I don't think you can beat Oak Haven for the price.

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:39 PM

Connie,
Check out Kears. My husband and I stayed there a few years ago andwas really impressed with the view and how clean it was. We will be staying there again soon.
Karen