I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 2 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 9 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 15 Padre Islands
- 16 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 17 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 18 NASHVILLE
- 19 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 22 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 23 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 24 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 25 Galveston