Help us choose!!! Paris or Mirage in Vegas?

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help us choose!!! Paris or Mirage in Vegas?

We will be in Las Vegas for 4 days at the end of December through early January. We have a choice between Paris and Mirage - which should we choose? Would you do 2 nights in each?

Thanks!
Dave
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:40 PM

We've stayed at the Mirage and loved it. We plan to stay at Paris in June. We decided on Paris because the location was a little better for us. You can't go wrong with either hotel in my opinion. I would not move because packing and relocating is time wasted in a city with so much to do! Good luck and have a great time!
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:53 PM

I haven't stayed at either one, but I can tell you that I believe the buffet at Paris, as far as quality, was numero uno!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - I also think Paris will be a more convenient location for us, but I have heard so many great things about Mirage as a place to stay. I guess I don't mind moving if both places offer unique experiences.

Thanks,
David
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:48 PM

I loved the Paris. Breakfast buffet is amazing, and if you go a little on the late-ish side, they will be putting out lunch munchies as well. The rooms are charming. If I could get a room overlooking the fountains at the Bellagio, I'd never move to the Mirage.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:50 PM

I really don't think the rooms themselves are going to offer "unique experiences" and you certainly don't have to stay in a particular hotel to take advantage of their other unique experiences. Frankly I couldn't justify the packing up and schlepping down the street to another hotel just to be in a different room. You can walk from one to another in a few minutes without the luggage if you want to enjoy something in the other one.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:54 PM

Pick one now and leave the other for your next trip, just think of packing and unpacking, wasting your time on walking from one to another - too close for a taxi... not worth it!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:36 PM

They're both great locations, so I wouldn't say the Paris has a "better location". I would stay at Paris because it is newer.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM

depends who the "we" in your party is comprised of. if kids, pick paris. it's slightly more kid friendly (not much, and kids not recommended wherever you go). I think Mirage is a better bet for adults primarily because it is a bit less crowded than Paris. However, if the pool is open and weather permitting, hands down Mirage has an infinitely better pool than Paris. And forgive me but if you're going to vegas to try different hotel rooms, 95% of people, if they were dropped in a room in a mid-line hotel in vegas with a blindfold on wouldn't know one from the other -- so the advice is right -- just pick one hotel and make camp there.